Happy Valentine's Day

Who's excited about their first Valentine's Day?

 Um, me?
 Yes, me, me, me!
Our big plans for the night include spaghetti by candlelight with the kiddos and opening family Valentine's. It's becoming a tradition in our family that the week before the 14th, we set up a mailbox for each member of the family and write notes to each other that we open Valentine's Day.  I was helping Mason make some the other day.  Here is how it went down.

Me:  Mason, who should we make a Valentine for?
Mason:  Ummmmm.....Daddy!
Me:  And what do you like to do with Daddy?
Mason:  "Pay (play) with me!"  (meaning he likes it when daddy plays with him)

This conversation repeated itself for each member of the family until we got to Elliot.

Me:  Mason, we need to make one for Baby Elliot.  What do you like to do with him?
Mason:  Ummm...he eats, sweeps (sleeps) poops and...(eyebrows scrunched) what?  What Mommy?"

You just about nailed it buddy.  It's true, there's not a lot else he does.  But he is pretty darn adorable, so I'll take him to be my littlest Valentine this year.

Comments

Popular Posts