Today was a good day; a beautiful, sunny, perfect day for a baptism. Abby was baptized this afternoon and it was such a happy occasion. This evening she said, "I wish you got to have two baptisms, because I want to do this day again." I know the feeling. Days like todays are the ones you want to pull out of your memory on the not so good days and just put on repeat.
It seems like just yesterday we were posing in this exact spot for Carson's baptism, but Mason was the two year old and Elliot asleep in his baby carrier. It's crazy how fast it goes!
With some sweet friends.
With Great Grandpa E and Great Grandma Billye.
With Great Grandma D. We missed my grandpa, but felt lucky to be able to have two of Abby's great grandparents in attendance.
With Grandpa and Grandma D.
Grandma and Grandpa R.
Cousins who were able to make it.
With Mom and Dad (and of course my little attachment peeking out from behind).
Oh how we love this girl and her sweet, strong spirit. Before the baptism, every child being baptized that day was spotlighted (I had filled out a questionnaire beforehand). Below is a little bit about our Abby...
Five things that you love about your child or make them unique:
1. Abby has three brothers and no sisters. Although they may drive her crazy at times, when you ask her who her best friend is she always immediately answers her brothers. She is especially patient with her "baby" (two year old) brother; she takes the time to play with and read to him even when he is not the most cooperative.
2. Abby loves to do art. Sometimes she will just disappear into her room and come out with a picture or a creation she made.
3. Abby has a quiet determination and strength. She can do anything she sets her mind to.
4. She has a fun sense of humor and loves to laugh.
5. She wants to do what is right. She has been looking forward to her baptism for months and is excited to take this step in her life.
What does your child love doing in their free time?
Abby loves to do monkey bars, art, play Legos with her brothers, and play with her dolls.
Favorite Scripture: When I asked what her favorite scripture was, she said she likes all of them and that she couldn't choose a favorite.
Favorite Primary Song: I Love to See the Temple