Preschool Graduate?


     Kiwi's last day of preschool last month.  Her graduation was held at a fun, local bouncy house where the kids ran around and played, them performed a couple of songs, ate pizza, and played some more.
     I can't believe our little girl is "all growed up" and ready to go to school.  The decision to put her in kindergarten has not been an easy one.  Her birthday is in August so she will be one of the youngest in her class.  We seriously considered holding her back and I looked into some Pre-K programs.  She has grown so much in this last five months or so, socially and emotionally (which were are concerns) and I think she will be fine.  I've consulted everyone; her pediatrician, her pre-school teacher, Little Man's first grade teacher (who was kind enough to have Kiwi come in one morning and observed her), and everyone says she is ready. I'm still having a hard time with it though and worry.    But I know she will mirror me, so I am excited, upbeat, and happy when we talk about it, but inside my heart is aching knowing my baby girl is old enough to do this.  It's possible that I may have had a little breakdown over this the other night after the kids were asleep.  Mike listened, appropriately sympathetic, and after I had cried it all out, he patted my shoulder and offered the following words, "We aren't giving her up for adoption.  She's still our daughter, you'll still see her every day."  I needed a little perspective.  Since getting it all out, I have felt a little better and I am excited for this big step, it's just happening so fast.



We LOVE Miss Cindy at our house.  Little Man went to her preschool for two years and then immediately after he finished, Kiwi started.  Obviously Mason is not old enough for preschool this coming year, so it will be the first time in four years that I don't go to the bright yellow house every Tuesday and Thursday and  will miss it and Miss Cindy.  But we will be back.





Kiwi went down this slide probably 100 times.  She LOVED it.  I got Mason to try it once with me and he refused to go near it again.  It was deceivingly fast and more than one child (and adult) flew right off the end of it.

Below are a couple of pictures of Kiwi at preschool:

Using the flower to point at everyone during the "Here we are Together" song.
When Little Man was in preschool, he once brought baby Kiwi for show and tell. After hearing that Kiwi of course wanted to bring Mason.  We stayed for circle time and show and tell and Mason loved it.  
All dressed up for king and queen day.
Her preschool class with Miss Cindy.

So long preschool!  We will miss you!

Comments

  1. We love Miss Cindy too, and I'm super sad that I don't have anyone going to her next year. Abby will do so great in Kindergarten- and you will do great, too Melissa! :) Here's to a great school year for the Ricks' kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  St ives childcare

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts