Easter Egg Roll 2012

     Sunday was our 24th Annual Easter Egg roll.  My Uncle Doug and Aunt Dawn hosted and all the kids had a blast playing outside.  They have a huge over sized sandbox, a swing set, a trampoline, various other yard toys, chickens, and a pony to ride.  Yes, a pony. To say my children have fun when we go there would be an understatement.  

Playing in the massive sandbox.

On the trampoline.  Mason was obsessed and spent most of the time he was not on the trampoline trying to find a way to get back on it.  


Kiwi riding the pony.

And now for the Egg Roll.  Thinking I was onto something last year with my boiling technique since our eggs fared so well, I used the same technique this year. And we found out, that it really is just pure luck.  What worked last year, did not do so well this year.   Reigning champion Kiwi brought her egg, Scribbles 3, to try and secure her third championship in her short time competing.  Scribbles 3 was knocked out in the first round. 
      Little Man made it a couple of rounds, Mike was knocked out in the second round, my egg was decisively crushed by Grandma in my first round, but Mason made it all the way to the finals.  He had to be dragged back from the trampoline every time it was his turn to roll and prestige of being in the finals seemed a little lost on him, but Little Man and Kiwi were sure excited for him.  
Excited spectators.  

 Grandpa wishing Mike good luck before they faced off.


Kiwi and Scribbles right before Scribbles cracked.  

Little Man and Janet facing off.  


Mason and Uncle Mike meet up in the finals for the championship.  Little Man told his uncle "I'm sorry, I can't cheer for you anymore, because I'm cheering for my baby brother."  

In the end, Uncle Mike was victorious making him the only 4 peat winner in Egg Roll History.  He jokingly said he will be holding a camp this summer and Little Man has told me several times since that he wants to go to Uncle Mike's Egg Rolling Camp.  Way to go Uncle Mike!  We love you even if you did crush your baby nephew's egg to get to the top.  







Comments

  1. So when I read your other Easter post this morning, I thought, "What about the Egg Roll Competition?" I was worried it had been canceled or something! I love this family tradition of yours; it's so fun and different. Thanks for sharing it each year, and GO MASON! So proud of the littlest man doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts