On Costco and matching p.j.'s

       Last Saturday, we took the kids to watch Marcus run.  After we piled them back into the van, Mike and I talked about how there were a few grocery items we needed.   He remembered that there were Kashi bars on coupon at Costco and that was enough of a reason for us to decide to make that our destination.  Both of us are suckers for a Costco trip.  You never know when they might have something amazing or have some new food to sample that may be your new favorite.   As opposed to other stores, like for example Walmart, where you know exactly what you will get.  I have to give myself a mental pep talk before I go to Walmart.  
      As we started driving, we debated whether or not to tell the children the plan.  Since they were happy, we opted not to. Consequently, we enjoyed a very pleasant ten minute drive which included thinking of other things we needed while we were at Costco before Little Man realized we were not headed home and then we listened to the whining that ensued (the ten minutes of peace was well worth the indignant protests about the unexpected errand).  
      Upon entering the store we were almost immediately sidetracked by the summer pajamas  Both Little Man and Kiwi needed some new pajamas for the upcoming warm weather (thinking positive, warm weather will come someday), so I told them they could each pick a pair.  Somehow in the midst of debating between monkeys, rainbows and hearts (for Kiwi) and all the other choices, they decided they wanted to all three be matching.  So although I hadn't been planning on getting Mason a new pair because he has Little Man's hand me downs, I couldn't resist the thought of matching p.j.'s.   And there is something about Costco that makes me buy things that were not on my list (or in this case, the list in my head that had been made on the drive up there). Here's my attempt at getting a picture of them.  





We ended up leaving Costco with three pairs of pajamas, a cart full of food, and bellies full of samples. The only thing we didn't get was those Kashi bars...

Comments

  1. They are so cute!!! I too LOVE Costco (as does Olivia)! I'm glad she and Kiwi were able to play last week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matchy jammies, so cute! My kids are all starting to complain about going to the store as well, it's a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same problem at Costco, and I LOVE the pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are the BIGGEST suckers for Costco, hands down. I love everything about that store, free samples and berry sundaes included. I think 50% of our annual income goes directly to Costco, and I have no shame in admitting that. I also am a huge fan of matching PJ's. It's adorable, but so cute that your kids are the ones that thought of it. Three cheers for Costco, matching pj's, and cute kids to wear them. GOOOOO Team Costco!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wish I could hug all your adorable kids! They look so cute in their PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts