The Mail

The split second before opening the mail box always holds a bit of anticipation. Although turning the key and opening the little metal door will most likely reveal bills, junk mail and more junk mail there is a chance that something special is in there. A hand written thank you card, a wedding invitation, a baby announcement, or possibly even the key to the big mail box which means there is a package waiting for you. Package days are always super exciting around these parts. The chance of one of these things being in there are what keeps me going to the mail box. Well that and because if you don't empty your box frequently enough they will take all your mail to the post office where you will have to drag all of your kids inside to pick it up and to be reprimanded to pick up your mail more often.
Today my big kids hit the jackpot. First there was the free Disneyland planning DVD that I ordered several weeks ago in preparation for our upcoming trip at the end of this year. The three of us were all excited about this and put it in immediately after getting home. Or almost immediately. First they they had to run and get Teddy, pink unicorn pillow pet, Jo Jo (Curious George) and Monkey pillow pet because they said they were coming to Disneyland also and therefore needed to see where they would be staying.
Every time either child caught a glimpse of a character they recognized they pointed and cheered. And when they showed people going into Pixie Hollow to meet Tinkerbelle Kiwi's eyes must have doubled in size. I'm pretty sure she thinks all the characters are the real people. And when they showed a store where you can design your own cars, Little Man about fell off the couch yelling, "That's me! That is ME! We have to go there!" I may have cheered when they showed my favorite rides also.
After the excitement of the DVD, I got to sorting the rest of the mail and found that we had been sent the Birthday Express magazine. A couple of years ago I ordered something from their website for one of the kid's birthdays and now every so often we get their magazine in the mail.
The kids LOVE this magazine. They pour over it staring at every page as if they are junior high girls with one of those Teen Bop magazines. Last time it came, I walked into my room to find Kiwi lying on her stomach on my bed flipping through the pages. I told her it was time to go and when she replied, "Mommeeee, I yooking at this" I had a glimpse of my future.

Checking out the birthday options



Watching the DVD

It will probably be a while before they have a mail day this good.

Comments

  1. when are you going to disney? not sure if i posted this under jon or not...now i am confused....anyways...love the updates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts