Getting Strong

Today, Mason pulled himself up to a standing position with the help of the train table.   He is not crawling in any form yet, but while sitting next to the table he pulled himself up like nobody's business.  It took me by surprise and he was mighty proud of himself.


Here  he is assuming the role of Baby Godzilla and tearing a piece of the train track up. 


And then trying to eat it.  
We are on the brink of a whole new game around these parts.  Our days of playing a game or building on the floor while baby looks on from his designated blanket are dwindling rapidly.  

I tried to strengthen my muscles tonight by attending a Hot Yoga class.  I think I may have left half of myself in a puddle of sweat on the floor.   I have been attending a class once a week for the past month and a half or so and am really enjoying it.    
Although I always have to force myself out the door to go rather then collapsing with a good book or a TV show (I have a really hard time being productive after the kids are in bed ) I am always so glad that I did.  
It also helps to have a supportive Mr.  who will finish up the bedtime routine with the kiddos while I slip out the door so that I make it on time.  
He's so good like that.

But it's about more then just my muscles getting stronger.  As much as I love staying home with my children, I need to carve out that little bit of time to do something that strengthens my non Mommy skills.  For me, I find this in exercising, attending book club, writing on this blog, working with the children at church, or going on a date with Mike.  And although at this point in my life, with my children's ages and Mike's job, I don't feel like there is a lot of extra time, it can be found.  Just a half hour run here or attending the once a month book club meeting, make such a difference to me.  

Last week, Mike and his team were working towards a deadline.  Which meant late, late nights, the kids and I on are own, and no time to myself.  And by the end of the week, I felt depleted, a little cranky, and just longing for a meal without having to get up a hundred times to help kids or a twenty minute run by myself.  I felt my patience lessening and found myself getting stressed about little things.  

And I again realized how important these other activities are to me.  In strengthening other parts of myself, I feel like I also become a better and stronger mom and wife.  And that makes everybody happy.  

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

  1. He must have been so proud of himself! Slow down little boy, you have forever to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts