Saturday

We woke up to sunshine today. Everything is better with sunshine.

Mason somehow snuck (that sneaky baby)into our bed in the early morning and spent the last couple of hours sleeping with us so we got some Mommy, Daddy, happy baby time this morning before the big kids got up.

I was able to get a work out in this morning

Little Man and I went on a bike ride around the neighborhood. On our bike ride we saw a teen-ager that goes to church with us perched on his roof shooting a bow and arrow. This is not something you see everyday, so we stopped and watched.

Kiwi, Little Man and I attended a birthday party. The party started at 2:00, Kiwi picked out a "beautiful dress" for the party at 9:00. So while the rest of the kids wore jeans she played games, ate cake, and blew bubbles in one of her fancy church dresses with legging underneath.

Nobody's face looked as intense or focused as Little Man's did during the playing of musical squares or the hitting of the pinata. I think he's got a little dose of the D family's competitiveness.

Mike weeded the back yard.

I painted Kiwi and I's toe nails pink in our bathroom. She also wanted to try on some of my necklaces and we traded headbands.

Gonzaga got jimmered meaning the Cougars are going to the sweet sixteen!

I went to a bridal shower with my mom and aunt. Yesterday my mom called from Target to see if I had purchased a gift yet, because if I hadn't I could go in with her saving myself a trip to the store. I thanked her and told her I had already gotten a gift at which point she mentioned she had wedding wrapping paper if I needed any. I smiled and laughed a little because even though I'm all grown up, my mom is still my mom.

Forty five minutes before she was going to get here so we could ride to the shower together, I called her and asked if she could bring the wedding wrapping paper so I could wrap my present.

I got to visit with my sister-in-law and friends at the shower.

I laughed all the way home with my mom and my aunt.

To borrow on an expression from Kiwi, all these things make my heart feel happy.

The End

Comments

  1. That sounds like such a fun day. I wish I had been at the Wedding Shower with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts