Saturday, March 5, 2011

Night on the Town

A couple of weeks ago, my mom called and invited Little Man and Kiwi to come spend the night last night. They have been beyond excited about a sleepover at Grandma's. Little Man woke up yesterday saying, "I can't wait! I JUST CAN'T WAIT!" Kiwi had asked numerous times during the week if it was sleepover day yet.

So, these little kiddos went to Grandpa and Grandma's

And this little one stayed home
(with his first real babysitter...and I only called to check on him once)

Leaving two parents an evening entirely on their own!

Mike and I started the night by eating at P.F. Changs (mmmmm, lettuce wraps...I would totally eat them again right now even at 10 in the morning)
He then sat outside a couple different dressing rooms as I tried on about a gazillion pair of jeans. And anytime I would come out, he would glance up from his phone and say, "Those look nice" and then look back down. Love my husband, but I was wishing I had my sister right then. All of my jeans except for one pair have holes in them. And there's a difference between wearing jeans with holes in them because you are cool and you are cool enough to pull it off and wearing jeans with holes in them because just the thought of taking children shopping for jeans makes your head hurt. So, I persevered through trying on pair after pair (I don't find jean shopping fun) and left with some brand new, knees in tact jeans. Success!

We then headed to Red Mango, which has the most delicious frozen yogurt with fruit toppings (again, would love to eat some right now), but we got there at 9:34 and they closed at 9:30. After staring longingly in the window with the tiniest bit of hope that the teenager employees would take pity on me, we forged on with our frozen yogurt mission. Armed with Mike's I-phone, I did numerous searches to try and find somewhere that sold the tasty treat located between where we were and home (which was about a twenty five mile span). One located just off the freeway looked promising...they closed at 10:00, we drove by at 9:56. A phone call to another place confirmed they also closed at 10:00.
At which point Mike and I started questioning, "Why is everything closed? It's only 10:00. And then we tried to remember the last time we had been out at 10:00. And we couldn't. As I glanced at the clock, I read 10:13 and realized most nights I am passed out by then.
Anyways, we settled for good ol Mickey D's which I think is open...always? We went through the drive through and got a chocolate shake and a McFlurry which was a far cry from Red Mango, but settled our craving for a tasty cold treat nevertheless.

In spite of the failed frozen yogurt mission (the hunt with the phone was actually quite exciting as I would be frantically scanning results as exits loomed near on the freeway) it was a wonderful night. Although Mason is a good little third wheel to take out with us, it was sooo nice to go with just Mike and I.

And now the kids are having their dream day with Grandma and Grandpa (rumor had it that the agenda included a park, Happy Meals and a trip to the dollar store, they are never going to want to come home!), Mason is napping and Mike and his dad are working on putting up crown molding in our room which is our current project and part of my new year's goal to take back and create a space for ourselves.

What a great start of the weekend. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys got out and had a good time. I'm only bummed that I didn't get to watch the littlest little man.