Just another rainy Wednesday


It has been raining ALL DAY. And not the drizzly, on and off, you can still sneak some outside time in it kind of rain either. It's been unceasing, raining hard enough that I actually brought an umbrella with us (and I never bring umbrellas) when we went to the grocery store this morning. Kiwi has asked me hopefully several times today if when it stopped raining we could go on a bike ride. When it became apparent to her that it may never stop raining, she changed her plea to, "Mommy, if we go on a bike ride in this rain, I wear my big warm coat." She hates to wear her big winter coat so I knew she meant business.
But a bike ride was not meant to be. Mid afternoon had us really needing an activity, so us girls baked some chocolate chip cookies while Little Man was at school and Mason watched from his exersaucer.


Kiwi got to lick the beaters (and choose to save one for her brother which melted my heart a little especially after the way they fought this morning) and the bowl.
Is chocolate chip cookie dough a dangerous thing for anyone else? Once the cookies are baked, I know exactly where I stand with them. I can think, "Okay, I've had two cookies, I'm done." Dough, however, has no accountability. A spoonful here, a lick of the finger there, the chunk that fell on the pan, but is really part of no cookie that begs to be scooped up and eaten. And pretty soon, I've probably ate five cookies worth of dough.

It was so rainy that I loaded Kiwi and Mason into the car to go get Little Man instead of letting him walk with his walking group as usual. As we were leaving I noticed a van with out of state plates in my neighbor's driveway. Knowing they were out of town, I took particular notice of it. I then saw a man punching the key pad of their garage unsuccessfully several times. He then walked to the front door. As I pulled out, I took made sure to look at the license plate and then repeated it in my head over and over. My mind raced with the possibilities as I picked up my kindergartner. Upon arriving home, I called my neighbor's cell phone where I found that her parents had shown up a day earlier then expected and could not figure out how to get into her garage.
So I was totally the nosy neighbor, but I am glad that it was her parents and that I was not witnessing a robbery. Although it did add an exciting approximately seven minutes to my day and I now know my neighbor's parents' license plate number. I don't even have my own license memorized. Really, I just tried to remember it and I can't.


The kids wanted to wear their matching shirts today. They read "big brother, big sister, and little brother." I find them ridiculously cute and insisted on taking pictures.




Little Man was supposed to have soccer practice this evening, but I just got an e-mail from his coach saying that it was cancelled because of the weather. We don't usually cancel things for rain around here, but I am telling you it is WET. Mike was planning on being home by 5:15 to take Little Man to soccer. The last two nights it's been seven or later before he's arrived home. I suppose I should have called and told him that he doesn't need to be home by 5:15 anymore and he can finish what he needs to at work, but I didn't. Yay for some unexpected family time and dinner at a normal hour.

This post was made possible by Mason napping and the kids watching Word World. But Word World is over and now Little Man is asking me what he can do in a very whiny voice and Kiwi is climbing on me asking me if it's not raining if we can go on a bike ride.
Yep, it's just another rainy Wednesday.

Comments

  1. I can't see any of your pictures. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any pictures either, but I bet they are cute! I feel the exact same way about cookie dough - though I love the lack of accountability! You are a good neighbor; I would want someone to do the same for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts