Six Months

Mason's six month check up was yesterday.

Weight: 17.5 lbs (50 percentile)
Length: 26 1/2 inches (50 percentile)
Head: 47 cm...of the charts

Yep, no surprise to me. My baby's got a large noggin. Just like his brother (Kiwi's is also up there) and his mama. And I will tell my kids what my dad always told me when I mentioned my large head. That I needed a big head to hold all of my brains. From the looks of it, we are raising ourselves a rocket scientist with this one.
Mason is such a blessing in our family and cliche as it sounds I really have a hard time remembering what it was like without him. He has a sweet, sweet temperament and for the most part is pretty content.
We started giving him rice cereal a little while ago and introduced him to sweet potatoes and bananas last week. He's not that into it though. He'll eat a few bites and then either cry and turn his head away or start making silly faces, laughing and talking, and spraying all the food back out. We'll just keep practicing. He is still breastfed, but will take a bottle when he needs to which is so nice.
He's grown up so much in the last week. He hit six months last Thursday and two days later rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time, started sitting up (he can go about 30 seconds) and, although I hardly dare to type it because I don't want to jinx it, he was slept ALL the way through the night three nights in a row now. I mean, all the way through the night. Until seven in the morning. I'm telling myself not to get to used to it, I've never had a baby start to sleep through the night at six months, but I can't help but hope. All I know is that it has felt fantastic to wake up feeling rested the last few days.
I can't believe he's already six months. I find myself just holding and snuggling him whenever I can trying to enjoy the most of the so brief baby period.

First taste of "real" food



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts