Moments I love


Below are some of my favorite moments from everyday life.

1. When Mason almost makes it through the night and doesn't wake up until the early morning. The rest of the house is sleeping and it's too early to stay up for the day, but I've had a good enough stretch of sleep that I am not walking like a zombie down the hall to get him. I bring him into bed with me, feed him, and watch him slip into baby slumber again. Snuggled next to his little body, gazing at that perfect little face as I drift off to snatch some more shut eye before the busyness of the day begins is like a little piece of heaven.

2. When Kiwi wakes up for the day. She either calls for me or stumbles blearily around the house with crazy hair dragging her teddy until she finds me. Either way, her first order of business each morning is to find mommy and I love that. She always wants a big morning hug, which I am more then happy to give, followed shortly by some morning milk. This girl still takes her milk seriously and is not a happy camper until she downs a sippy of it.

3. When Little Man gets home from school. We have been fortunate to have some kind older girls who go to church with us and live in our neighborhood who pick up Little Man when they pick up their younger sisters from kindergarten and walk them home. This has been beyond nice because I don't have to wake up Mason and load up the car or stroller every afternoon. Three houses up from ours the road splits and they go the opposite way of our house. That is where Kiwi (and Mason if he's up) wait for him. I love seeing his little orange coat and blond head bobbing down the street towards us. He loves to walk home with his walking group and he greets us with rosy cheeks and some sort of random information. Things like "Caiden's sister was the first one to have silly bands" or "Are you kidding me? We had a sub today!" or "It's supposed to snow tonight!"
When we get in the house, we always sit down and he shows all of his papers. He crouches behind the armrest of the couch so that Kiwi and I can't see his paper until he pulls it out of his folder and proudly displays it for us. I love how excited Kiwi is to see him. We then have an after school snack and I often feel like I'm playing house and I can't believe that I have a school age child and that I am setting out grahm crackers and milk or apples and cheese for him.

4. When Mike gets home. The kids maul him and I love to see the excitement and love that passes both ways as children and daddy greet each other. I am also happy to have him home, not just because of the extra pair of helping hands, but because he is still my most favorite person to be around.

5. Cuddled up under my warm comforter next to Mike both of us reading books on our matching Nooks at the end of the day. I love knowing that my kids are tucked safe and warm in their beds down the hall. Any worries or to do lists are pushed aside. There is nothing more I can do or accomplish that day and it's not time to start worrying about tomorrow yet. Oh, and if there happens to be rain pounding against the house at this moment it just makes it even more perfect.

Of course these moments don't happen every day. Sometimes Kiwi wakes up cranky, sometimes Mike only kisses the kids sleeping faces and doesn't see them awake, Mike and I don't always go to bed at the same time and more then once lately Little Man has come home demanding to play Mario Kart (his newest obsession) and when the answer is no a fit ensues. But they happen and with other moments like them they intertwine themselves with the whining, the laundry, the absolute Sunday fail we had a couple weeks ago (long story involving a forgotten bag of activities for the kids, a too loud five year old, a fussy baby, a three year old repeatedly telling us she doesn't yike church, and an almost in tears me) and together they make up life. And I'm thinking that life looks pretty beautiful to me.

Kiwi and Little Man running home after meeting Little Man.






This was an especially happy homecoming because it was a Friday and along with Mike came the pizza on the counter)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts