Running


Mike and I after the Top of Utah marathon in 2003
Dear Running,
You make my lungs and my legs burn. You make random joints in my body ache at random times. Sometimes after we spend time together I feel like I am going to puke. One time you caused my toenail to turn black and fall off. Really. That was disgusting.
I love you running.
Thanks for being good to me even though we may not hang out as much as we did in other periods of my life (remember the marathon of 03, those were good times...) Thanks for still making me feel good about myself when I clock in a 5K eight minutes slower then back in our glory days.
I am sorry that I have not been around much lately. There was that minor detail of growing a precious human life inside of me and then it's taken me a while to get back. But I'm here now ready to put in the time to make this relationship work. Because it seems that no matter what other exercises I try, I always seem to return to you my first love.


Love,
Me

Speaking of running....
I am babysitting my two beautiful nieces this morning. The combination of these four cousins brings out in all four of them their natural...let's say enthusiasm. Their favorite thing to do together seems to be to run around. Up and down, up and down Grandma's hall, round and round our "track." If you want to know what they sound like together, look at their expressions on their faces and match the volume to that. I love the fact that they love each other so much and enjoy spending time together. I also love that the reason I am babysitting today is because my sister in law is at a doctor's appt. for my newest little niece or nephew slated to make his/her grand entrance this summer. So, soon Mason and the new baby will join in on the craziness. I'm glad my kids have cousins to grow up with....the only thing that would make it even better is if their Washington DC cousins came back here too! (love you Mal)


Running

Doubling back to catch the group coming the opposite way...probably about the time I should have been a responsible parent and set down the camera before a big cousin pile up occurred
Sitting quietly (Curious George is totally playing on the TV behind me)

Happy Friday!


Comments

  1. So Fun. Cousins are the best sort of friends. I just love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, cousins are the best! It's hard to have some living away, but it makes the time they are together even more special! I love that picture of you and Mike, you look so young! (Not that you look old now, but you know what I mean!) I remember feeling really proud watching you guys cross the finish line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love to read your blog-you write so well. Running...isn't it such a love/hate relationship? Kids sure put a bit of a damper on our endeavors eh? Your kids are adorable and you look like you are enjoying motherhood a little too much:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts