Looking forward

Things I want to Accomplish in 2011
1. Read the scriptures every day
2. Post on the blog a total of 156 times (basically that's three times a week).
3. Start up Wednesday Activities again. After Mason was born, it felt too overwhelming and then we got out of the habit. But my kids have been asking and it's time to start again. For me it really makes a difference to have that time set aside where I am totally focused on them without all the usual day to day distractions (as an added bonus it feeds my teacher self that thrives on putting together lessons and activities)
4. Organize and label all my photos in i-photo
5. Get all of our video from the little tapes that go inside our video camera and onto the computer, organize it and then burn it onto DVDs so we can actually watch them.
6. Choose some sort of run to train for and compete in (vague, I know, but I'm still deciding what I want to do)
7. Reclaim our master bedroom and bathroom and recreate (or rather create in the first place) a nice, relaxing, adult space. I like to have a kid friendly home because....well I think it's obvious. But I feel like this is the one space that could be ours. Not that the kids aren't welcome (I love morning snuggling) it's more like their stuff isn't. As far as creating the space, we just haven't done anything with it. Since moving in, it's always been trumped by other rooms or projects that we want to paint or work on. After all who ever comes into your room? But we do and I want a place that I want to retreat to and relax in after a long day instead of the "close the door and forget about it until I trip over the baskets of laundry waiting to folded as I crawl into bed at the end of the day room."
8. Learn some basics about using my camera on something besides the automatic mode
So there it is. Nothing too big or earth shattering, but some goals to work on and some things that will challenge other parts of me besides my mommy skills which are challenged everyday. And it's always a good feeling to accomplish something that stays done for more then a couple of hours (a lot of my day to day tasks seem to be undone as soon as I finish them).
Happy 2011! We're already nine days in so I better get started...

Comments

Popular Posts