Everything (and everyone) in it's place

Mason hanging out in a toy bin

Tonight Mason is sleeping in his own room. For the first time. Although him sleeping in our closet was actually pretty nice (he had his own little space while still close to me for night time feedings), I had to face the fact that he was growing out of the bassinet. He's pretty much head to toe in the thing and I'm pretty sure he's at the weight limit. I really don't want to wake up to the sound of him crashing through the bottom of it. And if he decided to pull himself up it probably wouldn't be safe considering it's about eight inches high. Not to mention that would be quite startling (and frankly a little creepy) if I tiptoed in to check on him and his little face was peering back over the the edge at me. So tonight was the big move.
In honor of his first night sleeping in a "big" baby crib and in his own room I finally finished putting up the decorations and changing it from little girl nursery where Kiwi used to sleep to little boy. Here's some pictures of the finished product.
I found this monkey themed nursery set when I was pregnant and really liked it. I didn't, however, want to spend the 200 dollars plus to get the whole set. So I bought the wall decals and then went to Target and found a cheap bumper that matched. I found separate matching crib sheets and my mother in law, who makes all of the grandchildren a quilt when they are born, made a beautiful brown and green quilt (on crib) for Mason. I got wood letters from the craft store and painted them brown and all the frames are Ikea (I painted the mats brown) or ones we already had.


I was happy with the results. Hopefully Mason will like it (he was looking a little unsure when I laid him down). Maybe since he's such a big boy now, he'll sleep all night. The power of positive thinking...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts