Thanksgiving

So, I am really behind on the blog. December has been a flurry of Christmas activities and events and this year I chose to make some time consuming presents which monopolized all my free time for a couple of weeks. Anyways, not an excuse, but now it's time to play catch up.
Thanksgiving was at my mom's this year. The day before the kids and I made turkeys for center pieces and place cards. When Little Man saw the place cards I made, he said he wanted to make some also. I told him that he could, but that there were eighteen names and that might be a lot. He got paper, scissors, markers and went to work. Using mine as a guide, he wrote and decorated eighteen cards which he put under every one's plates the next day. I was pretty impressed with him.
Little Man's place card for Aunt Paula. I found it sweet that he made one for Mason also. He said that even though Mason wouldn't be sitting up to the table he WAS going to be there so he needed one too.
Getting ready to eat. More then once over the holidays, Mike and I have been designated to the "kids" table so that we can assist our children. I like my brothers and cousins (and children of course) though so I don't mind.
Numerous times Thanksgiving Day I thought of how grateful I am for this little guy and the huge blessing he has been in our lives.
Thanksgiving 2009 was the day that we found out that a new baby would be joining our family in 2010 and from that moment on we were praying and hoping for this little guy. And now a year later, here he is in his little turkey outfit and celebrating his first Thanksgiving.
My brother Mat came home from college for the weekend which made Thanksgiving all the more special. Here are two of my brothers and Little man and Kiwi getting ready to run a relay. They run around the "track" at my parents house and pass off one of my brother's batons. I think this is Little Man's favorite thing to do in the world. Seriously. He packs a running bag when he goes out to my parents just in case a relay occurs.

It's always timed and somehow, incredibly, a new record is always set. So here is the relay team celebrating their new world record.

It was a fun, family filled day and a wonderful start to the holiday season.

Comments

Popular Posts