Weak Sauce

Weak sauce is a phrase my siblings and I (and now Mike and my children) use to describe something that is well...weak. One of my brothers (I'm not sure what one) came up with it. For example, one might use this when playing a "friendly" family game of ping pong and their opponent hits a particularly horrible shot. That shot could be described as weak sauce. Or it could be used as I did earlier today in the following sentence: "Mason only took weak sauce naps today" meaning that he never took a good solid nap and then was cranky this evening.
Upon looking at my pictures from yesterday's post where I claim we went on a snow walk, I realize they are looking a little weak sauce (ish). I talked to my sister on the phone this morning and she said that she had been scanning my post while taking care of her kids and thought I had taken cute pictures of the kids playing in the rain.
Well after we got back from our walk yesterday it started snowing harder. And it has continued to snow almost all day. And (for this area) there is nothing weak sauce about it.
So, here are some pictures of my kids really playing in the snow.

Making snow angels last night when it was just starting to stick


Playing in the snow this morning

Wanting me to pull them around on the sled

As I write this, the snow is still coming down and there is probably twice as much as there was when I took these pictures. In fact, I just got a phone recording saying that there is no school for Little Man tomorrow.

I don't know what is is about snow, but there is just something magical about it, especially when it's the first snow of the year. Last night I went out with the kids and played in it and I felt like I was a little girl again hoping for a snow day.
This is Kiwi's first experience playing in the snow seeing as last time it snowed she was about 16 months old, barely walking and just cried the whole time we were outside. She loved it last night and was having fun this morning for about ten minutes until she was cold and wanted to go in. This may or may not have had something to do with me trying to be a fun mom and whipping her around in the sled only to have her fall out and get snow on her face and in her hood (oops).
Little Man loved it two years ago and loved it again this time. After Kiwi and I went in he continued to run around and play in it. I was glad that he lasted for a while, because it took us about twenty minutes to get on all the snow gear (think Christmas story).
It is also just as magical to sit inside watching it snow outside. The house seems cozier, the hot chocolate warmer, snuggling up in a blanket more inviting. As it is Thanksgiving week, today I am grateful for the snow, for a warm home, and for brothers cool enough to come up with a term like weak sauce.

Comments

  1. Magical... when you have no place to go! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny...really cute pictures. Hope you guys are well and enjoying the Christmas Season:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts