Hooray for the weekend

On Friday this little guy discovered his tongue. He now chews on it, sticks it out, and makes the most hilarious little faces. On Saturday, I spent FOUR and a half hours away from Mason, whom I have started to think of as an attachment to myself. This was fabulous because one, I got to spend an entire morning kid free and because Mason took a bottle! Yay! I kept waiting for the phone call from Mike saying that he wouldn't take it, but it never came. My baby is a champ. Harry Potter here I come!
The reason I got to spend an entire morning children free was because of an activity going on at the church called Super Saturday. They had bunch of classes that were available to sign up for. I learned to make truffles, how to cut hair, and worked on a really neat nativity scene made of wood peices that also fits together like a puzzle. I also got to visit with friends and did I mention the no children part?
Saturday night Mike and I went on a date with Mason and Mike's parents. It was really nice to have a chance to talk as adults (with Mason :) and enjoy a nice meal.

And now we are enjoying a quiet Sunday as a family and it's SNOWING! There is something so exciting about seeing the first snow of the year, especially around here where we don't get a lot of snow. I took the big kids on a walk and they were thrilled. It didn't snow here at all last year so Little Man only has vague memories of it from two years ago and Kiwi none at all. They have named the seasons themselves and call winter "Penguin Season." When we got home, we were greeted to the smell of a freshly baked apple pie that Mike had been working on. He is teaching some of the youth at church how to make pies this week and he figured he'd better learn first.

And now I must go, because there are Legos to play with, dinner to make, a home made pie to try and later a new book I just downloaded to my Nook and I am thinking how grateful I am for the weekend.

Okay, when I uploaded them I realized how lame the snow pictures are. If you look really close, you can see it in Kiwi's hair. But I didn't want them to miss out on the first snow! And as I write this it is really starting to come down and is even sticking, so hopefully we will have some more for them to play with.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts