Blessing Day

Dear Sweet Baby Boy,
Today was your blessing day. You woke early around 4:30 to eat (I'd say you were excited about the big day, but you are always up somewhere around that time). After I fed you and you were drifting back into baby dreamland, I opted not to put you back in the bassinet, but instead pulled you closer to me. It was pouring outside and one of the windows was open in our room. I laid there for a few minutes listening to the unceasing rain pounding against the side of our house and to the sounds of you and Daddy breathing and I thought about the day and about you. I felt so blessed that we have somewhere safe and warm to call home and found myself filled with a desire to always keep you safe, warm, and protected.
You looked so precious in your blessing outfit. And by the way, I greatly appreciate the fact that you waited until AFTER the blessing to blow out your diaper all over the outfit and the white blanket.
I couldn't help but get a little emotional when Daddy carried you up to the front and gave you your blessing. There were so many people circled around you with so much love for you. Two of your great grandpas were able to be there and stand in the circle. In your blessing Daddy talked about your children and grandchildren. And I had the thought of you being on the other end of this experience, instead of being in the little baby, being the proud grandfather looking down at your grandchild. And I realized how quickly time goes. And how, even though your children will not know your great grandfathers, they are still so connected. And what a beautiful thing that is.
We love you little guy. And while I am excited to see you grow and learn and experience all the adventures life has to offer, I am so glad to have you as my little baby. And now, I better go get some sleep. See you at 4:30 (please not too much earlier then that)

Love,
Mommy

In case you were wondering: We did go with the bonnet. I had fun reading people's comments about it. When it came down to it, Mike really didn't mind and I really liked the idea of him being blessed in it, so we did it.

Comments

  1. This is so sweet, Melissa. Mason was adorable and I'm glad it was special day for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts