Sweats on the top, jeans on the bottom

"They're just like sweats. I wear them everyday," my sister told me on the phone about a month ago while she was still carrying her little giant of a baby boy.



And all I could think was why didn't somebody tell me about these before?



While pregnant with Little Man, I was able to get away with wearing my normal jeans well into my sixth month of pregnancy. I didn't show for a long time and I carried him really high allowing me to button them below my bulging belly and just wear a maternity top. Any maternity pants I did buy were the below the belly kind which to me looked the most like normal pants. Although they may get top points for how they look on the rack, they are, at least for my pregnant body, at the bottom of the list for comfort. They constantly slide down creating a saggy baggy look and causing me to hitch them up about one thousand times a day.

This pregnancy I knew I needed at least one pair of jeans that would actually fit right to get me through (and it was obvious early on that my normal jeans were not going to last into the sixth month). So, one afternoon my mom offered to watch the kiddos and I headed off determined to find a pair of jeans that would look decent, but mostly just fit and be comfortable. Enter the full panel jeans. You know the ones that stretch ALL the way over the belly with that weird stretchy material.

They look nothing like normal jeans on the top; there is no button, no waistband with belt loops, just comfy, expandable material and they are WONDERFUL. It's a good thing my sister sent me her pair so now I have two to alternate between because honestly I was starting to wear the pair I bought a lot...like every single day a lot. They are so unbelievably comfortable. They provide all the comfort and benefits of wearing sweats all day...except for when I go out it actually looks like I got dressed that morning.

I am sorry to say that the rest of my maternity pants will probably stay where they are; stuffed in the drawer of my dresser. I just can't go back now. It's too bad they don't make them in size 3T since Kiwi currently rejects all jeans because they are "too tight" and "not comfy" and she prefers her "yeggins" (leggings) or a skirt any day.

I would highly recommend these to anyone who is pregnant...or if you just want something to wear for the big holiday meals.
"Another piece of delicious home made pie? Ice cream on top? "Sure, pile it on." No need to unbutton the top of these babies.

Comments

  1. I love the full panel!! I was against buying them but they only had the kind/price I wanted in the full panel and you can't get me out of them. Glad you like them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing. I never considered them because they looked so crazy, but not having your pants in a constant state of sliding down sounds wonderful. Man that was annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts