Today

Little Man and Kiwi pretending to sleep on the grass. They claimed they were "exhausted" after riding their scooter and trike home (not sure what Kiwi's deal was since I was pushing her)
At noon, we loaded up the stroller and backpack with turkey sandwiches, apple slices, water bottles and apple jacks and headed to the park to meet some friends for an impromptu picnic lunch and play. We took the long way there and enjoyed the smell fresh cut grass (I know, I know, it sounds so cliche, but it's true. We actually passed multiple piles of freshly cut grass) All jackets were discarded.

At four, we took Little Man's scooter, Kiwi's tricycle (complete with handle for me to push her), and Mommy's two feet and trekked down to the grocery store to buy strawberry ice cream for our family night treat. This time it just smelled like spring. The air was warm and sweet and again jackets were worn that didn't last.

At 5:30 Mike got home a half an hour earlier then expected due to some exceptional traffic. Dinner consisted of yummy leftovers from yesterday (I love leftover day).

We had a fun family night with a lesson by Mike, game by Kiwi, and treat by Little Man. The night was finished with all of us drinking out strawberry/banana milkshakes and both kids with big pink mustaches.

Today was a good day.

Today I am thankful for...
*Living somewhere so bike/stroller/walking/running friendly
*Parks
*Kiwi's polka dot tights
*Long afternoons completely free of children's school, music lessons, soccer practice, homework, scouts, etc. and all the things I know are coming (and that have their good points too) This stage of life where I get to spend so much time with my children
*A cute husband who taught a family night lesson on treating animals and nature and all of God's creations with respect (all the while I was thinking about the HUGE bug that climbed onto our picnic earlier today only to seconds later be squashed by my tennis shoe and all three of us peering under the table and staring at it to make sure I got it...oops...it was going to attack Little Man, really it was a freaky bug and it was going at him)

Our family also has an extra special reason to be thankful. My sister had her baby this weekend. Joshua Paul joined our family Friday night. Mom and baby are doing well and the whole family is home and loving on their new little guy (while us far across the country family just get to see his pictures :(
And there is a lot of him to love

Like 11 pounds worth

That's right, my LITTLE sister (emphasis on little because not only is she younger, but she is not a big person) pushed out an ELEVEN pound baby
She deserves some sort of Mommy award for that
For pictures of my first nephew go to her blog here

Comments

Popular Posts