Kiss Me I'm...

Not necessarily Irish, but still will never pass up an excuse to be smooched on by this little one.
This morning we made green cupcakes, with green frosting and green candy and Apple Jacks (only the green ones) on top. We then enjoyed a fun lunch with friends. Still on the schedule is a "Shawn the Shamrock" craft and a normal dinner served on St. Patrick's Day place mats and served with green sides (a green salad, green broccoli, and possibly some green jello if I can find some in the pantry).

Have a great St. Patrick's Dy!

And for those of you, who like myself, may have found themselves scratching their heads and lamely saying, "Uh...." when your children asked what St. Patrick's Day was about here are some quick, fun facts I shared with the kiddos this morning.

A shamrock is a three leaf clover.

A four leaf clover is a rare leaflet that occurs in a clover. The leaves represent hope, faith, love, and the fourth one is luck. That is why four leaf clovers are said to be lucky.

The Irish people connect the color green with hope and nature (we brainstormed some green things found in nature...they came up with trees, leaves, grass and then started naming green things around the house such as the Wii fit case...maybe I should have explained what nature is)


Comments

  1. So cute!
    I didn't know (still don't) much about St. Patrick until I saw someone's blog post about it. I mentioned the post to my husband, and he rattled off the story about Patrick becoming enslaved and then teaching the people about the Trinity, (hence the clover). How come I've never heard that story before?! Oh, right, the Trinity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on having a boy! I am so excited for you and you are looking cute! A little fuzzy :O) but so cute! Can't wait to see you and introduce you to Charlie-Marie. I'm coming out in a few weeks so we will have to get together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts