Adorable


Recently, clothes have been shrinking at our house. Especially those in Little Man's closet. Pants I bought him just last fall are inching up to the point that white sock is showing while some of his shirts are nearing the realm of belly tops. One week he wanted to wear his tie to church. I told him he had to have his shirt buttoned up to the top to wear his (clip on) tie. Mike was helping him get ready and when Little Man appeared dressed, his top button was undone with the tie haphazardly hanging off one side. Impatiently, I again repeated that he needed all of the buttons done. At this point Mike informed me that his top button nearly choked him when done up. Ooops.

Yesterday, I went through both children's dressers and found that they were in some need of some new duds, especially Little Man. Mike was getting off at a reasonable time and we didn't have anything going on in the evening so the four of us hit the children's outlet stores at the mall. We split up, boys and girls, and quickly scanned clearance and sales racks. We were on a mission, the kids were cooperative and we actually were able to make some purchases. You'll be happy to know Little Man will be able to breathe in his button up this coming Sunday. Our last stop was Walmart, and by this point Kiwi was getting a little tired. I lured her to the toddler girls section by suggesting we might be able to find a Dora shirt. She loves Dora and was off running to the back of the store. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a Dora shirt or anything else worth buying. I did spot some Dora jammies, but jammies was not on the list for Kiwi. Shirts were on the list. The p.j.'s were up high surrounded by other characters and I felt confident she would not notice them.

After looking through all the racks and discovering there would be no Dora shirt purchased today, I told her maybe we could find one another day and we started towards the front of the store to meet Little Man and Mike (who were looking at Legos). As we walked away, suddenly Kiwi's face lit up. She starting pointing directly at the jammies,

"I see Dora shirt!"

"Where?" I said feigning ignorance.

"Way back there in the back! It's a Dora day!" She was beside herself with excitement. I couldn't help it. I bought the jammies.

She was so excited to wear them that she literally stripped down in the kitchen after dinner. When she had them on she beamed, "Dora likes me!"

She could use some summer jammies and she does look pretty cute in them. Or as Mike stated, "You look aDORAble.

That husband of mine, always so clever.

Oh, and I know your are all wishing you could wake up with hair like the above pictures.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts