Letters

Dear little lemon baby,
I call you lemon because once a week I read about your progress online. Every week it compares you to something you are roughly the size of that week. This week you are our little lemon. So far you've had names like kumquat, apple, fig, and last week shrimp. Daddy wouldn't call you shrimp though because he thought it made you sound like a little alien. We do have some real, non edible names floating around for you also but we are waiting until we find out if you are a boy or a girl before we start testing those out. Oh, and by the way, your brother and sister call you Honey Bear and are convinced you are a girl. This is because they are currently obsessed with reading Bernstein Bear books and call themselves Brother and Sister Bear and Mommy and Daddy Momma and and Papa Bear so naturally you would be Honey Bear.
We are so excited that you will be joining our family this summer. Keep on growing and doing what you need to.
We love you,
Mommy

Dear Body,
Yes, we are pregnant. I am very grateful that you are doing what is needed to help this little life, however, I have a couple of issues to address. First of all, we have done this TWICE before and never have I felt as sick or as exhausted as this third one. I think you may have turned the nausea and fatigue dial up about two notches too high this time around. And although I am very happy with the return of my day time energy of late, I was wondering what's with the lingering morning icks, the evening blahs which often make dinner difficult and have me ready for bed before my two year old, and the random bouts of "I really think I'm going to throw up on the cashier/in the car/on this church pew etc.?" Anyways, thanks again for letting up on the all day long feeling sick. I am willing to do what I need to do for this pregnancy, but I really enjoyed that second trimester "honeymoon" period that you allowed me to have with the other two. Anytime you are ready to let that happen, I am more then ready for it.

P.S. Please check the nausea dial. There is nothing rotting in the refrigerator so there is really no need to gag every time I open it.

Comments

  1. I'll second the "Dear Body" paragraph. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meliss, I'm so sorry you're feeling sick! That is the WORST!! I hope you get over it soon so you can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy (as much as that is possible) before little Honey Bear shows up!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts