Wednesday Activity: Christmas decorations

Before the activity, we did yoga and learned some Christmas songs. Or Little Man and I did. Kiwi didn't want much to do with that part. I wish she would have listened. Currently the only Christmas song she sings is "Jingle Bells." The thing is she only knows part of it and she only has one volume she sings it on. We hear a lot of this in the car.
Kiwi: Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells. Hey!" repeated over and over
Little Man: Kiwi, your hurting my ears!

Since the Halloween activity was such a hit where we painted the wooden Halloween shapes and hung them up, we decided to do the same thing for Christmas. Again, nothing spectacular but I think the kids really enjoy seeing their work displayed.

We also made some decorations with things we already had around the house. My grandparents are downsizing so my grandma was getting rid of a bunch of her Christmas stuff. She had this entire box full of sparkly, decorative odds and ends which my sister-in-law cleared out. She was also getting rid of some vases and I snagged two green ones. The kids and I then got out some of our vases and our assortment of colored little glass stones and went to work. Below are the results.


The kids loved helping with these. Who knew Kiwi would be entertained so long by simply filling up vases? Little Man kept saying, "We are making something new out of something old." I was pretty happy with six new Christmas decorations for 84 cents (the cost of the wooden shapes we painted). Thanks again for the stuff Grandma!

Comments

  1. look at you doing all those activities with the kids! you are a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts