One of those days

If you need to find me for the rest of the evening, I will be on the couch reading my book. I am not planning on moving until it's time to drag myself upstairs and go to bed. These are the three most common things I heard today:

1. No, mine!
2. Ouchies (said in very whining voices by both children and used for various minor injuries or siblings touching one another)
3. The third and most common one isn't actually a word, but it goes something like this, "Waaaahhhhhhhh" Between the two of them there was basically a constant whine or cry going on all day.

Kiwi is nursing a cold so we stayed home today. Since she is not feeling her best she was basically on the verge of a breakdown all day. Look at her wrong and it was all over. Little Man spent the day running around pushing all of mommy and Kiwi's buttons. He is usually pretty kind to his sister, but today he seemed to delight in tormenting her.

Days like today deserve evenings of doing whatever I want to. And tonight it's reading my book.

I have some thoughts floating around in my head about how to tie this into a nice little post about how the bad days help me appreciate the good ones. It's all true, but I'm just going to leave it how it us. Because my book and the couch are calling.

Comments

Popular Posts