Let's Hear it for clean garages

We have now lived in our house for four months. Although we got unpacked and settled inside pretty quickly, our garage has been a different story. Things have just been so busy and the thought of tackling the random boxes and things we didn't know where to put seemed too overwhelming. Today, for the first time in a long time, we woke up with nothing on the schedule. There was no excuse for us not to dive in and tackle the mess that was the garage. I am pleased to say that we can now actually park both of our cars in the garage.
Along with the peace of mind that comes from not tripping over clutter when retrieving something out of the garage, we also found some lost treasures.
The find of the day for Little Man was an old stop watch which he wore around all day timing different things like how long it took us to clean the family room and our shopping trip.
Mike found a book about Microsoft Works 3.0 which is over ten years old which in the computer world means it is about a million years old.
And my find? I was fortunate enough to stumble across these babies in a bin. I could hardly believe the luck. A pair of forgotten Christmas p.j.'s just weeks before the holiday season. You better believe that these will be making an appearance soon. My husband, who all too well knows my love for everything holiday, predicted I'll be breaking them out Thanksgiving night to fat dog after dinner. He could very well be right. As long as it is Christmas themed, I let a lot of other details slide. I watch cheesy movies with horrible acting because they are full of Christmas songs and scenes, I wear socks with reindeer on them, and this year I will be able to dance around my house with my children wearing snowmen and Christmas trees.

Kiwi's find was not actually from our garage. Our neighbors across the street, whom we have only met briefly, rang the doorbell today and asked if we wanted this little bike with training wheels. They were also cleaning out their garage and their daughters have outgrown this bike. I thought this was very a very kind and neighborly thing to do. Kiwi came to the door to see what was going on and I told her to say "thank you" to our neighbor. We are forever prompting her to say please and thank you about something or the other, so she did her obligatory thank you without even knowing why she was saying it. She then caught sight of the bike, pointed and said, "Mine" in a very excited voice. She's definitely two.

It was a good Saturday.

Comments

  1. Oh my. I had forgotten all about the expression "fat dog." I must have left that one behind in Auburn! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Did you get a new garage door opener too? What a great Saturday.

    I'd never heard "fat dog" until I married. A loves to say he'll be "fat doggin' it" on every holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! A 2 car garage that actually holds 2 cars! Very admirable work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts