Christmas in April (Christmas 2012)

      So, it had been on my checklist of things to get done before the baby was born to blog about Christmas, but that obviously didn't happen.  And now suddenly it's April.  Since this is currently the closest thing I have to a family history for our family, I don't want to skip over Christmas entirely, so here is our Christmas 2012 with lots of pictures and not very many words.  
       We hosted my family at our house Christmas Eve and had a lot of fun.  We were missing Mike and Paula, who went with her family, and Mat (can't wait until he's home next year!)  My grandparents joined my parents, Marcus, Mal, Brandon and their three kids for the special evening.  
       We made dinner, opened presents, and acted out the nativity which has become a tradition for out little family.  

Abby and Annabelle were the angels.
Carson was Joseph.  I was cast as Mary being "great with child" and Mallory was post birth Mary.
No room at the inn.
My mom was angel also and helped the girls with their parts.  She is wearing my old high school graduation robe.  That thing has been used more times then you think, so it's a good thing I keep it out in my old high school bins in the garage (and Mike says I don't need to keep that stuff...)
Marcus as a shepherd with his sheep...or sheep dog.  We worked with what we had for costumes.
He then made a quick costume change to be one of the three wisemen with Josh and Brandon.
The cast minus me and Mike (who was the narrator). 

The cousins singing.  I love that Abby and Annabelle wanted to wear their Christmas dresses.  Abby loves any excuse to get dressed up (on the other hand, it's like pulling teeth to get Carson to even put on a pair of jeans for a few hours) 
Having my grandparents there really made the night extra special. 




Carson loved his new Huskies shirt from Grandma and Grandpa D.
After everyone left, we set out the Santa cookies the kids had made with reindeer food, a note, and a mug of milk.  We also found some special emails from Santa with a video for each kid (Mason couldn't believe it when Santa said his name!) and tracked where Santa was online.

We finished the night with "The Night Before Christmas" and three very excited kiddos in their Mickey and Minnie Christmas jammies. 




Christmas Day

Santa came!
Carson had asked for these pocket pro helmets.  He specifically wanted the independent teams since they could not be found anywhere (and believe you Mike and I looked) and so he asked Santa because Santa doesn't have to go to a store or shop online, he could make them.  Sounds logical right?  Well, Santa delivered, but let's just say that I think he was pretty busy in his workshop.  I would bet more than one trip was made to the elves spray paint supply to get correct colors and kind and that he is not above using a good old fashioned Sharpie pen.  Carson was thrilled with his present.  

Abby got a suitcase and little bed for a doll and then found Rebecca hidden behind the couch.  She was so excited and Rebecca has become almost part of the family since then.  Abby takes her everywhere we will let her, changes her clothes, puts her to bed, combs her hair and plays with her daily. To say she loves this doll would be an understatement.  

Mason with his new Pooh Bear. 


After a relaxing morning at home and some delicious homemade waffles (meaning Mike made waffle mix rather than using the Krustaez stuff) we headed over to Mike's parents.  We had a great time visiting, opening presents, letting the kids play, and of course enjoying a delicious meal.
Ellie and Lexy got dolls also so the three girls had fun playing with their dolls.  Carson brought his new Happy Napper and Mason had Pooh Bear.  

Matching outfits. 
Grandma R. got Carson a bathrobe and he LOVES it.  He actually sleeps in it over his p.j.'s sometimes.  That seems like it would be a lot hot to me, but he loves it that much.  



It was a wonderful day and the start of a great family week since Mike didn't have to go back to work until after New Years.  I love Christmas time and the magic and feeling that it brings with it. I usually feel a little sad when I post the Christmas pictures and recap, but I guess there's no need to feel that way this year since since we are practically half way to Christmas again!

Comments

  1. Oh, to have a girl to give a doll to!! Looks like a great Christmas! I love that you got creative with the helmets, way to make Christmas magical!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts