Half Way

I am a little over half way through this pregnancy (21 weeks) and here are some things I know about this pregnancy/baby so far:

*Every time I ever used the word "craving" any other time in my life, I was lying.  I did not know what a craving was until this pregnancy.  Lemonade, Thai food, and pie have been on the top of this list.    I have dreamed about pie on multiple occasions and wake up thinking about it.  My birthday is this weekend and I've already told Mike and the kids that what I really want is a pie.

*This baby has made a gum chewer. Although most of the morning sickness/nausea went away with the first trimester, I had a perpetual what I called "pregnant taste" in my mouth for months.  I can't explain it, but nothing I did could make it go away.  Brushing my teeth, mouth wash, anything I did might work for a couple minutes and then this gross taste would just come back.  Minty gum helped, but it got to the point that I was so sick of the taste of mint, I didn't know which was worse, the gum or the pregnant taste.    This has started to subside this last week and I am so grateful (as is my jaw, chewing gum all day can be exhausting!)

*I can no longer make my regular jeans work.  I sadly came to that conclusion today and broke out the bin of maternity clothes.  Oh stretchy paneled pants!  You may not look great, but you are so amazingly comfortable.

*This baby is already so loved.   It's true that the pregnancy part isn't as exciting the fourth time around, but the baby is just as exciting.  I got my twenty week ultrasound last week and found myself tearing up when I saw the little profile on the screen.  It's such a miracle every time.  Little Man and Kiwi are very excited and even Mason has started pointing to my ever expanding belly and saying, "Baby?"

*This baby is a....BOY!!  I am going to be the mother of THREE boys.  That just sounds like so many!   Although I am a little sad that Kiwi isn't getting a sister, I am getting used to the idea of a houseful of boys and am getting really excited about it.

Comments

  1. We are so excited about this little boy. I can not wait to get to meet him, and snuggle him and kiss him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's SO fabulous that you are having another boy! What an exciting time for your family. But that bad taste in your mouth that went on for so long sounds miserable. Pregnancy is definitely hard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts