Weekend Wrap up

  

   Friday evening the kids and I went to see Marcus in the parade put on by their town for Homecoming.  Since he was on Homecoming Court so he got to ride in the back of a truck.   It was your typical small town parade.  The high school marching band, a fire truck, the class floats, and the homecoming royalty. And lots of candy being thrown.  The kids loved it (although Mason almost got pelted in the head with some sort of hard candy).  They were picking up candy by the handful and giving it to Grandpa to store in his front sweatshirt pocket.  And the high school kids waving from trucks and homemade floats might as well as been celebrities.  In fact, one time I asked Little Man if he could eat dinner with anybody famous who would it be and he replied, "Marcus.  He is famous you know."  
    After the parade, we headed to my parents where Mike met us for some pizza and then took Mason home to go to bed and I took the kids to see Marcus during the half time show.  As we left a teacher on a golf cart asked us if we wanted a ride to our car. This made Little Man's night.  He was cheering and yelling, "This is soo cool!" as we rode back to our van.  Kiwi was clinging to me with some sort of grimace on her face, but once she was safely in our car talked enthusiastically with Little Man about the golf cart and how they wished it could have taken us all the way home.  



 Saturday morning, Little Man played in a soccer game.  His third of the season and the third time I forgot the camera to take pictures.   I love watching him on the field.  Every time his team scores, he gets the biggest smile on his face.  And when he scores a goal, the smile is ear to ear often accompanied by running, jumping, and last Saturday even the airplane.  Technically, they don't keep score at this age, but he is always reporting the scores to us.  He loves to play and looks forward to Saturday mornings.  We never have to ask him twice to put on his soccer gear.  

Saturday afternoon, we headed over to nearby pumpkin patch.  We enjoyed a corn maze, a little kids hay maze with a slide at the end, and a hay ride.  

 Our little boy looks like he is about to fly away in this picture.  We call the hair right above Mason's ears his wings.  It's probably getting time to cut them, but I think they are adorable.  They aren't usually this prominent, but he had come straight from napping in his crib so the wings were at their finest.
 At the beginning of the corn maze, they hand you a paper with a picture of a pumpkin on it.  There were six different mailboxes located throughout the maze each containing a sticker to add a feature to the pumpkin's face.  The theme was "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin" and each mailbox had a  Peanuts character by it.  Kiwi loved Lucy, because she was the only girl featured.


I love this picture.  I love that the big kids took a break from running ahead to help their baby brother.  I love how Mason's face lights up when they do something his speed, and I love watching the relationship between my children.  There are few things in life that make me happier than seeing them love each other.

Action shot of Little Man going down the slide in the little kids hay maze.  I took Mason down it once on my lap and that was enough for both of us.  The big kids loved it though.  


Pretending to drive the tractor is always a hit.  

I have concluded that it is next to impossible to get three children looking and smiling in the same picture.

Saturday night, Mike and I went on a date (hooray!).   We went to Thai food, stopped by Target (try as we might, we can not seem to have a date without having to stop by Target or Walmart for something or the other) and ended the night with ice cream.  Pretty adventurous, I know, but it is always nice to get a chance to spend time together just the two of us.

Sunday Little Man gave a talk in primary about prayer and listening to him talk I was struck once again with the simple, strong faith of a child and reminded about how much I can learn from my children when I take the time to really listen and observe them.

We ended the weekend with dinner at the R. family house which of course consisted of delicious food and fun cousin time.

And that's a wrap.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts