Day 5

     Day five we floated the river.  My mom was kind enough to volunteer to stay back with Mason which worked out well.  Although the river float was definitely mild enough for a baby, it would have been a battle the entire time to get him to stay in the boat.  Kiwi and Little Man did well.  Kiwi got a little tired, so she spent part of it dozing off on my lap.  At one point, four of the five children we had on our boat were asleep.  It was that mellow (except for the part when Brook from the other boat kept splashing us and we rowed over there, stole his paddle, and threw him overboard...that was exciting).  It was fun to spend time talking with my cousins, dreaming of buying a cousin cabin like the ones we were passing, cuddling my little girl, and just enjoying being out in the sunshine.  
       






Comments

  1. Ack! So Jealous! I love Big Springs and the float trip. This is where my family spent every other summer when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts