Friday

Sunny Day

It has been a pretty dreary (weather wise) spring around here, so when a day dawns bright and sunny, we take advantage of it. Today was one of those days.  I was able to start the day off with a morning run.  I really need to bag the excuses and do this more regularly. Getting out there, getting the blood pumping and the endorphins flowing, being able to have some quiet time before coming home to face the morning routine really makes a huge difference in my energy and patience levels.  
So inspired by the beautiful weather, the kids and I had a breakfast picnic.   The pancakes were straight out the Krusteaz box, but they were the best pancakes I've tasted in a long time. With every bite, I was thinking, "Wow, I made some really good pancakes."   The only difference I can think of?  We were eating them outside.  Everything seems better outside on a sunny day.    


What is it about bedheads (and she had a serious case of it this morning) and little jammied bodies that just makes me want to stop the clock and squeeze these little babies of mine?  It gets me every morning.  

Staying Little
Yesterday we were driving home with Mason entertaining himself, Kiwi dozing off, and Little Man talking Mike and I's ears off about his day at school.  He was telling us this and that and then said, "I have something I can't tell you."  Of course, this immediately got Mike and I's attention as we explained to him that he can tell us anything.   He then says that somebody told him something on the school bus and then told him not to tell anybody.
At this point, I am getting a little nervous about what this other child could have told my baby boy.  And then it came out that this boy told Little Man about another child in their class had puked on the bus.  And that was the big secret.  
We explained to him that it was probably not a good idea to tell all the other kids about that because it might embarrass or hurt his feelings.  We then reviewed with him about how there aren't secrets from mommy and daddy, etc.

To which he responds, "I have a secret that no one knows."  Again wondering what will come out of his mouth we ask him what that is.

"Nobody knows what a super duper climber I am!"  As Mike and I start to laugh he continues,  "And I am a super duper wuper jumper!"

Oh, Little Man.  Just stay little.  As he inches further and further into the world of being a big kid, I find myself trying to drink in every morning cuddle in his Cars p.j.'s and all the funny, cute little things he says.  

Potty mouths

       Recently, we have had to talk to Kiwi and Little Man a lot about potty talk and what is and is not appropriate to say.  And when we potty talk around here, we are talking literally about bodily functions that happen in the restroom.  These everyday occurrences are hilarious to my children.  Even with these talks, I can't say I was completely surprised when I found this paper lying on the art table.


When I questioned him about it, he was silent for a minute and then said, "I was working on sounding out my words." I was surprised at how well he sounded them out.  Way to make me proud son.  

Speaking of potty talk, in all the years we have been married I have never, ever heard my dear husband use any sort of swear word.  Today he and my father in law went to Costco and picked up our latest project.  Eight huge boxes full of wood and parts that according to the 90 page instruction manual and accompanying DVD apparently fit together to make our children a swing set.  If I want that previous statement to remain true, I think I may need to steer clear of Mike and the work area for the next little while...

Really, it is quite the endeavor.  The box says it takes two people 10-12 hours to assemble and since neither Mike nor I are especially handy it's going to be an adventure.

Have a great weekend! It's supposed to be 78 tomorrow! SEVENTY EIGHT.  Kiwi already knows what swimming suit she wants to wear on the slip and slide.  


Comments

  1. That swing set is a baest to put together. It took Nick like 5 days, with help, working on it for most of the day. But they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that swing set! Mike might hate it, but your kids will LOVE it!!! Wasn't this weekend gorgeous!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts