Cinco de Mayo



Kiwi's pre-school class had a Cinco de Mayo party today.  We threw together this lovely ensemble about ten minutes before it was time to head out the door by raiding the dress up bin.  My favorite part is the earrings left over from Little Man's pirate birthday last year.  


Kiwi and Miss Cindy

    Inspired by her pre-school party, I decided we should do something fun for dinner  Although I'm not exactly sure what Cinco de Mayo is all about, it transformed a normal Thursday dinner into a taco bar with frozen lemonade and kids in yellow ponchos with big sombreros so we enjoyed it.  I also played some fiesta music from Pandora.
Mason was not enjoying the festivities.  

And now I'm going to spend the rest of my awake time (which is probably about .2 seconds) looking through the pictures I took while my sister and her family were here from Washington DC last week, organizing them, and starting to blog about them.  I now feel ready to face this task after folding the hundreds of clothes that were the result of this weeks laundry and what was left from the clean clothes last week.  We've totally had to dig through baskets of clean clothes to get dressed for the day.  But really, who folds clothes when your only sister is here for her once a year visit?  (Not sure what the excuse is for all the other times this has happened...)


    Happy Cinco de Mayo and Happy 30th Birthday to my sister in law Kari!!

Comments

Popular Posts