Unexpected Visitor

We had an unexpected, but very welcome visit from an old friend today. Maybe some of you who live elsewhere have had a more regular correspondence with this visitor, but it's been quite a while since we have got any quality time with the sun. Today, however, we ate breakfast with it's glorious rays shining in the windows and warming the kitchen.
We walked Little Man to school with Mason in the stroller, Kiwi on her scooter and Little Man running and skipping happily beside me. Little Man and I were singing a made up song about it being a great day with the sun shining except for somehow it was rhyming and I don't really remember the words anymore, but I'm sure it was a fabulous song. After dropping him off, Kiwi, Mason and I made an impromptu stop at a park across the street where Kiwi enjoyed the (dry!) swings and teeter totter.
I hadn't realized how much I had missed the sun until enjoying it today. Not that life can't be good with grey, cloud covered skies, but the sun just seems to breath new energy into me.
Just wanting to be outside, when Little Man returned home from school we visited another park with our neighbors. The kids ran around, ate graham crackers, and just got their energy out. We stayed until almost five trying to soak in the last of the day before returning to what will probably be another couple of months of drizzly grey ones. When we got into the car it was with frozen fingers, red noses (sun does not equal warmth as I had to explain to Little Man when he wanted to wear shorts) and happy hearts.
I guess I could tie this all into some sort of life lesson about the sun breaks helping us through the grey parts of life, etc., but I think I will just leave it at what it was. Which was a really good day.


Eating their snacks and watching an airplane.
Mason dreaming of the day that he can get in on the action.
Kiwi on her scooter.
As a side note: My children started the outing with coats. I always put them in coats and they always take them off. Kiwi has been known to say "I yove being cold!" I don't really know why I even bother to put them on except for it makes me feel like a responsible mother.

Comments

  1. We do take it for granted here. It's been sunny and at least 65 all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome, wasn't it? we couldn't do much with a sick kid, but even coming through the windows, it was incredible the difference it made.

    I love these pictures, especially snacktime on the bridge and mason watching. He looks like he's just trying to figure out how to get there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts