Recent Going Ons

Below are some pictures that capture some of the going ons in our house recently.
Little Man made me this beautiful bracelet all by himself just because of "all the nice things you do for us." It was very sweet, especially since recently I have fallen in favor to second favorite parent to the untouchably cool Daddy. When Little Man found out Mike was going out of town for a couple of days last month, he promptly burst into tears. When he found out that a friend of his mom's went on vacation for the weekend leaving dad in charge of the kids he said, "When are you going on vacation by yourself Mommy?" Yes, when it is Mommy's vacation?
I don't really mind though; I'm still the number one girl in his life and I love how much he idolizes his dad.
While looking through a backpack that apparently hadn't been used in a while, Mike stumbled upon Kiwi's princess sunglasses from last summer that I had long since wrote off as lost. She wore them for two days straight, inside and out, saying "No one can touch my eyes now." Apparently, when I said sunglasses are to protect her eyes she immediately thought of someone poking them rather then the sun.
I thought she looked a little bit like a two year old rock star in them.
We had some friends over and the older kids decided they wanted to put on a play. The result was an hour and half of two preschoolers and two two year olds playing happily together. They pulled out all sorts of random props and even moved some furniture, and they did it all on their own. I was impressed with their creativity and I enjoyed watching the productions. Little Man was always some sort of crazily dressed bad guy, Emma opted to be different animals (bunny and later a puppy), Olivia was the pink princess, and Kiwi was Tinkerbell. Bri (Olivia's mom) and I were the lucky members of the audience for each show.
The cute princesses.
Little Man loves it when he can be a "twinner" with his dad. What handsome boys.
Earlier today I chugged down some Glucose 050 to the chanting of "Go Mommy, go!" from my cheer leading children. For those of you who have been pregnant, you will recognize the remnants of this nasty orange drink not as some new thirst quencher but the routine gestational diabetes test. This marks the 28th week of pregnancy and at my appointment, I was even given the paper to register at the hospital. It still seems a long way off, but we are excited to meet our little baby boy and I enjoy his daily acrobatics as his little hands, feet, knees, and elbows bounce twist and turn and kick inside of me (feeling the baby move is by far my favorite part of pregnancy).
We were on time for church on Sunday (something we have struggled with the last few weeks) and while singing the opening hymn I had this little girl snuggled up against my ever growing belly. As I sung the words about mercy and miracles I was overwhelmed with the blessings in my life.
It's so easy to get caught up in the day to days of life; the messes to be cleaned, the laundry that never gets all the way done, meals to be prepared, dishes to be washed, faces to be wiped, screaming children to be calmed, a husband's job that at times seems intent on stealing too much of his time, callings to be fulfilled. But in between all of these day to day things and often right during them are those moments that make my life so worthwhile.
Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts