Skating

Monday night my cousins held a joint birthday party and rented out the skating rink. It was a lot of fun. Kiwi wore the little size seven skates with the wheels tightened almost all the way (to keep the little kids from falling all over the place) and "skated" while I walked around in normal shoes exactly ONE time around the rink and then she was done.
Luckily, we had the umbrella stroller in the back of the van and she loved being pushed around in that by her uncles, her daddy, and eventually me. After spending half party not skating because of my big pregnant belly, I decided I could probably handle very carefully and slowly going around. It was a lot of fun and brought back memories of going skating in elementary school and junior high.


She did, however, enjoy doing the Hokey Pokey (without skates) in the center of the floor. She was so cute shaking her little body out there.

Little Man was such a superstar. He skated almost the entire two hours. I wish I would have gotten some better pictures of him actually skating, but they all turned out dark. The majority of the time Mike was by his side, but what started with Little Man grasping his hand turned into him doing it almost all on his own.
Taking a spin with his uncles.

I was so proud of my little guy. He was sweaty and exhausted by the end of the night and slept in until eight the next day (we should take him skating every night!)

Comments

Popular Posts