Friday morning at 10:00

Usually, we are somewhat of morning people around here (more so then night, I am ready to crash by 7:00 every evening) during the week. We usually get up, get ready, and go do our thing in the morning and then are home in the afternoon. This morning we were dragging, however. At 10:00 a.m. I had one in her p.j. top and Dora undies (p.j. bottoms had been previously discarded under the kitchen table when some milk spilled on them...this child will immediately strip if her clothes even have a drop of liquid or food on them, makes for a lot of clothes changing during the day). The other sported a snowsuit and bike helmet (the weather today was somewhere between their two choices).
This is not to say we didn't have a productive morning. I mean Kiwi had a teddy bear stuffed up her shirt and spent time rubbing her belly and telling me it was kicking her. And then, in a labor to break all speed records, her "baby" was born and was bouncing all over the place and kissing everyone and everything in sight.
The kids also succeeded in pulling out all of the big baby toys from the deep dark depths of the front closet (one that goes under the stairs) bulldozing right through scrap booking stuff, Mike's b-ball stuff, the church bag, several pairs of shoes and knocking down some jackets. Those stuffed animals sure better have enjoyed the bouncy seat and exersaucer.
And I did the breakfast clean up in about twice the time as normal as I was distracted by my adorable niece and nephew who were keeping me company (with their mom) on the computer screen. How can I wash dishes when Annabelle is showing off for me by jumping up and down on the couch and giggling?
I just hadn't quite gotten to the some of the particulars...like putting pants on my two year old.

Comments

Popular Posts