What-Shall-We-Give?

What-Shall-We-Give?


I thought this video was neat. We have been trying to bring the real spirit of Christmas into our home this year. We talk about how the best thing we can give each other is to be kind and to help one another. One new thing we have done this year which I hope to continue on in future years is that before the kids eat a chocolate from their advent calendar they have to tell us something kind they did for someone else that day (or mostly Little Man does, we help to tell Kiwi something nice she did). Sometimes it may be big like when he helped to pick out gifts for a little boy whose family needed some extra help this year and sometimes it's just that he helped me clear the counter. Some days are more meaningful then others, but I'm glad we're doing it and hopefully something is sinking in (some days I'm not so sure)

It's so fun to have small children around Christmas and I love seeing them enjoy the lights, the festivities, and Santa Claus. But I want them to understand the real reason we have Christmas. I would love to hear any traditions or ideas you have about bringing the spirit of Christ into your home during the holidays.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts