What I did yesterday

Mike had a training class in San Diego this week and I tagged along for the weekend. He still has to go to class, but we meet up for lunch and he's done at 5:00 and so we get to spend the evening together. I would rather spend all day with him too, but this was the way to get a vacation for almost free, because our hotel is paid for and all his food is paid for so all we have to pay for is my food (we had a free ticket for me to fly in also). Anyways, I got here Friday night and we are leaving tomorrow. Here's a list of what I did yesterday:

*Woke up when I wanted to
*Went running on the water with Mike (I can't remember the last time we ran together)
*Mike left for class
*Took a long shower
*Got ready and curled my hair (also can't remember the last time I curled my hair)
*Went to a delicious breakfast buffet where I had fresh fruit (the yummy kind like blackberries and raspberries that I can only justify buying occasionally as a special treat), waffles, and a veggie omelet
*Read a book outside
*Walked around SeaPort Village, a cute little assortment of all sorts of touristy shops. Looked at different things, bought some souvenirs. Thought about the kids, missed the kids.
*Read outside in the sun some more, still thought about and loved the kids, but didn't miss them so much anymore.
*Met Mike for lunch. Enjoyed talking to him and stealing some of his fries, but didn't order any food for myself because I was still so full from that heavenly breakfast.
*Walked about a mile up to the Gas Lamp District and saw "Julie and Julia." It was cute.
*Did a little bit of shopping. Looked around at the teen-age girls who were also shopping and wondered if what they were wearing was really the style and suddenly felt kind of old.
*Listened to a lady who looked to be in her late thirties (but was dressed like the teen-age girls mentioned above) tell her friend about she had shredded every picture of herself in the 80s to destroy the evidence that she had actually dressed like that.
*Thought to myself how sad that she had went through that much trouble and destroyed all those memories just because the clothes were out of style.
*Met Mike
*Tried to find somewhere to watch the BYU game. Ended up listening to it on the computer in our room.
*Listened to our season go down the drain and left with hearts bleeding blue and white when Florida state was thirty points up
*Ate our sorrows away at this delicious Thai place where I ordered Hot Thai Basil. I think Thai food is my current favorite.
*Called my parents and checked on our kids. Talked to them and found out about their fun day. *Appreciated how nice it was of my parents to take the kids for for the weekend so we could have time together.
*Walked back down Sea Port Village. Ordered two ginormous cookies from the cookie place. Found out if you ordered three cookies, you got one free. Buy three, get one free! We both ended up eating two ginormous cookies.
* Sat down by the water.
*Considered going on a carriage ride.
*Learned the price and reconsidered.
*Walked around holding hands.
*Went back to the hotel.

Besides our beloved cougars being killed by Florida State, it was a really good day.
Thanks again Mom and Dad!

Comments

  1. What an awesome day! I'm so glad you guys got to go away just the two of you, and that you have grandparents to watch the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE San Diego. I would have loved to spend that same day with you! I'm glad you got to join Mike for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOSH! I need one of those. Anytime you need a date for Thai, don't hesitate to call. I LOVE Thai food too! (That's if Mike's too busy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like heaven!! It is so fun to be anywhere when you only have to worry about yourself (especially the beach)! Thanks also for letting us come over to your new, beautiful house. It was good to see you and wish I could have seen your kids:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts