If you happen to be in the neighborhood...

You might not want to drop in today.
The little one is on the mend and the big one woke up with a fever, runny nose, and cough.

My children being sick is one of those times that I am acutely aware of the fact that Mike and I have been entrusted with these two little people to care for and that there are times when we have no idea what we are doing. My children trust me to help them feel better.
To them, I know what I am doing. I press my cheek to warm foreheads, make sick beds on the couch with water cups and kleenex close by. I give Tylenol, read books, and rock them.
But on the inside, I am always a little worried and wondering what to do (I have called the nurse countless times with questions, luckily they are nice).
It's just one of those times when the responsibility of parenthood hits me and I can't believe that I am a mother to two children.

Comments

Popular Posts