The Fair

Last Friday we went to the fair. We go every fall and as I was thinking about our trip last year, I was surprised to recall that Kiwi wasn't even walking yet. A lot changes in a year!
Although I didn't get a picture of the animals, I would venture to say that was Kiwi's favorite part. She was enthralled by them all especially the camel, a horse that was eating hay out of his sack (with his "nose!" according to her) and the baby pigs. Both kids loved the baby pigs.
While walking through the sheep barn, both of my children were very loudly saying, "Baaa Baaa!" Most of the sheep appeared to be sleeping or ignoring my loud children, when suddenly one stuck his nose out through the slats of the pen and bleated "Baaa!" right at Little Man. Can you imagine how exciting this is to a four and two year old? This response immediately got them "baaing" (is that a word? Probably not) even louder then before. The sheep did give us one more baa before getting bored and walking to the other end of the pen.

My mom came along with us and I am so glad she did. Usually we do the fair with Mike, but he had a homework deadline last week (can I tell you how much I am looking forward to him being done with school? I don't think there are words to describe our anticipation...only one and a half more classes!) so he wasn't able to make it. My kids were thrilled to have grandma come along and we had a really enjoyable day. When I told Little Man she was coming he pumped his fist and said, "Grandma's coming! Yes!"
Drumming on the drums in this neat African exhibit.
While Kiwi's favorite part was the animals, Little Man's was definitely his first roller coaster ride. All four of us rode a train and then I let Little Man choose a ride for himself. It was the highlight of his day. He said he had fun and couldn't stop talking about it, but he didn't smile once the entire time he was on it. He had this constant worried expression on his little face and clung to the bar except for when he occasionally would raise one hand a couple inches off of it to give us girls a quick wave on the sideline. It was really fun to watch even though I couldn't believe the price that they charge for these rides.

Comments

  1. I love the fair! And your kids so cute! As always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Bree went on her first roller coaster last year, and I sat behind her and her little friend. They were only two, and boy, did they get whipped around! Same thing: no smiles or shrieks of delight, but they sure wanted to go again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts