These moments made possible by...

Mike, who borrowed the "ghetto truck" from his dad, spent two hours driving and picking up the swing set, and then came home and reassembled it
Grandpa, who let us borrow the "ghetto truck"
AND
Most of all to Aunt Kathy (or Auntie Kathy as the kids call her) for giving us her old swing set. Thank you so much! I think the pictures speak for themselves, but in case they don't, I'll add a few words.
While Mike was gone, Little Man repeatedly asked me when he was coming back (repeatedly meaning like every five minutes) He got his play tools out of his room and had them waiting in the living room so he could help Daddy put together the swing set. Every time he heard something that may be Mike returning he would run to the window. It was like Christmas for him.
I don't think Kiwi really realized what was going on until the swing set was actually assembled in the back yard and then she was pretty excited. Both Mike and I took turns pushing her "higher, Mommy/Daddy, push me higher" on the swing and when there was no one available to push her she would swing on her tummy.
Little Man enjoyed the teeter toter swing and the fact that he can get it going by himself. They both enjoyed the slide. When it was time to come in, neither one left the swing set. Little Man finally did when I jokingly suggested they could sleep on it (I'm not sure if he knew I was joking. He jumped right off and said he wanted his nice, comfy bed. Did he really think I would make him sleep out there?) Kiwi only came in after she realized the rest of the family was in the house (I was peeking at her through the window). Anyways, they love it. Thank you so much! It promises hours of fun.



Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. How fun!!! I remember getting our fist swing set! Endless memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! That is so exciting! I remember playing on our swing set for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now super jealous! We need a swingset bad! But, first we need to finish the backyard, wah wah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UMmmm, I hope you'll still be joining us at the park, even though you have your own swingset in your backyard ;) P.S. Thank you SO much for being such a great friend to me. Your support is very comforting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts