She's 2!

For Kiwi's birthday, we had grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins over to celebrate at our house. We grilled hot dogs and I made an Elmo cake as chosen by the birthday girl.
Kiwi had the time of her life. She sensed all these people were there for her and she loved it (she doesn't mind being the center of attention at all) She beamed when we sang to her, proudly showed people her Elmo cake, and treated each gift as if it were her favorite one. After she opened a gift, we would tell her who it was from and she would do her little run/gallop over to that person and throw her arms around them. Sometimes the lucky person sitting next to the gift giver got an extra hug also.
I was I could accurately describe the excitement that radiated from her little body. Her big blue eyes shone, her chubby little cheeks glowed a shiny pink. As we sat in our backyard, it was one of those times I just wanted to bottle the moment up and save it for a grey day when my children are not quite so happy. Since I can not accurately describe it, however, I will just leave you with a picture of what she pretty much looked like the whole night:

Comments

  1. Two already! That is one happy girl. The cake is adorable, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake turned out really nice! She's so darn cute! Sounds like she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look way happy! Love those times. I also really like the picture at the top of your blog. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, happy birthday Kiwi! Great job on that cake too, mama.

    (and thanks for your words of encouragement over @ my blog. I appreciate them very much!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is the best picture ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts