In Love

I am in love. I am in love with Fred. And what is the cause of this new love? Oh, not much. Just the fact that in one stop I can get clothes, food, accessories, decorations, toys, photo, electronics, and pretty much everything else I could need. Now I know there are others that offer these same services. We have been regulars at Walmart with their rock bottom prices and crowded stores (at least the one in our city is always crowded, crowded, crowded). I enjoy Target, and their advertising angle in the last few years that markets them as trendy and fun has worked on me. I just feel cooler when I am in Target. But alas, they don't have a Super Target close enough for me to go get the "all in one" shopping experience, so we don't go there often.


But my new discovery of Mr. Fred Meyer could possibly change my life. I would choose him over any store any day. Why? Two words. Freddy's Playland. For no additional charge, I get to drop my children off for up to one hour while I blissfully fulfill our shopping needs ALONE.
I had previously known about this, but you have to be two to enter and Kiwi wasn't two yet, but she is now! Actually, the full requirement for entering is that you must be at least 2 and able to go through the little rounded arch comfortably without stooping down (what does fit comfortably mean?) This strikes me as odd. What if your kid is tall? My thoughts upon reading these requirements turned specifically to my friend Kenzie. Kenzie is tall, beautiful and model like. She also has a twin brother shorter then her. So would they have welcomed him in while turning her away? They are the exact same age. That seems like height discrimination to me.


But they do say love is blind. And I did turn away from this obvious height discrimination (sorry Kenz!) because I was getting to shop in peace. And shop in peace I have. TWICE I enjoyed this luxury since the Little Miss's birthday. I walk slowly. I contemplate food choices in the aisles picking up one box then another. Comparing prices and nutrition facts. Stopping to smell the candles, even thumbing through a decorating magazine!
I'm already looking forward to next week.

As a side note, I have always thought Fred Meyer's prices were expensive, but I find if you shop their ads and use their coupons, it's actually reasonable. I'm sure that there will be somethings that I'll have to go elsewhere for, but it's worked great so far.

Comments

  1. I would count it so worth any extra product expense to get to shop alone! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny....Landon will most likely be discriminated against ;) Poor kid is gonna look like he's 5 when he's 2...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A recent survey actually found that Fred's was one of the cheaper places to shop, as far as store brands and if you follow their ads.

    Personally, I'm a sucker for Target. I try not to go in, because it's way to easy to drop a hundred dollars on things that are completely unnecessary. I haven't tried playland yet. It just makes me a little nervous. Stinky would be bumped early, though, no doubt. The price tall kids pay for getting to ride roller coasters earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FM is hands-down my preferred store. But I definitely don't have a Target.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Freds too! I can spend hours in that store. maybe now that johnny is going to nursery by himself I can take advantage of the playland too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would love living here then, because that's all we have. No Target, or Wal-Mart; just Fred.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts