Dancing King


Dancing with Kiwi
His own move

Dancing with Cousin Ellie
P.J.'s aren't going to stop this dancing machine
Our Little Man loves to dance and he always has. I remember him not more then nine months old pulling himself up on the couch and his little diaper bopping up and down to the beat of the music.

When he was about thirteen or fourteen months old we were walking down the waterfront. We passed a large group of people having a barbecue. The had the music blaring and the song "Lowrider." Little Man stopped in his tracks and started the bopping dance. Well, the little blond boy with the onesie and the blue shorts caught the attention of one of the party goers. And suddenly a group spontaneously formed around our little bopper and they were dancing and cheering. They started calling out things like "do a 360" and turning around and then cheering when Little Man turned around. Mike and I stood on the edge of the circle, I doing my own very awkward version of Little Man's bopping dance while people moved and jivved around my little baby (Mike and I are not dancers). When the song ended so the group dispersed and we were left to go on our walk.

Around the same time we went to a wedding reception where the baby version of Little Man danced the night away even when there was no one on the dance floor delighting and winning over the guests.

There was also an incident at Cold Stone that summer where he drew some attention while dancing as we waited for our ice cream.

Fast forward three years later and the kid is still dancing. A couple months back I wrote a post where I mentioned him dancing at Mike's cousins wedding reception. A couple of weeks ago we attended another cousin's wedding reception and the story was much the same. At times there was no one on the dance floor except my two little ones. Even after we changed him into his jammies (in case he fell asleep on the way home) he had to get back onto the floor for one more dance.

When asked where he gets his moves he simply said, "I watch others moves, then I follow them, then I teach other people my moves" and shrugged casually.

We asked him if he was going to "rock it" on the dance floor at his own wedding to which he responded he would. When we asked him what he would do if his wife didn't want to dance, he said he'd marry somebody different.

When I told him how he could go to dances when he got to high school and that they had church dances every month, he got so excited.
I wonder if he'll still feel like that in ten years...

Comments

  1. I love it! You'll have to video it sometime and post it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts