A Real Shiner

The Victim: Almost two year old blond little girl with irresistible smile, stubborn personality and a tendency to want to be right where the action and her big brother is.

The injury: Black eye on the left side.

Cause of injury: Foam baseball bat and t-ball set.

Holder of baseball bat: Older brother to the injured.

How it went down: While making dinner Sunday evening, the kids were playing in the yard outside of the kitchen (a yard! I love it!) In the middle of preparing tacos, an alarming scream was heard. Both parents ran outside and found the victim sitting by the t-ball set crying. According to the young boy, he asked his sister to get out of the way before swinging.

The judges: Mom and Dad

The verdict: Judging by the horrified and shocked look on his face, and his obvious concern for his sister. the boy's story was believed The bat, however, has been sentenced to the garage for in indefinite amount of time resulting in the boy's inability to play with or use it and giving him some time to think about bat safety.

The outcome: Kiwi's very first shiner.


In other news, we just returned from a week long trip to the lake with my extended family. We had a great time and returned to our house full of boxes and an extremely busy week for Mike at work and school. I have been unpacking like crazy and it's starting to feel a little more like our home. The kids are enjoying having more room to run around and play although Kiwi sometimes poops out right in the middle of the stairs and either lays there and rests or waits for one of us to come pick her up and finish the upward trek. Things are busy, but going well.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. I remember being cooped up in our townhouse before we purchased our home and longing for the days when we would have a yard and more room to roam. Again, I'm so happy for you. However, I miss you! I keep thinking about play group and wondering when and where and to call Melissa because she will know. Then I remember, you aren't in the ward any more and it makes me sad! Hope all goes well this week. If you want me to come get the kids so you can finish unpacking or arranging or resting, I would love to do it! Just let me know when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read I can just picture this whole thing playing out. Poor thing! I had to laugh at the part where he told her to move. Your kids are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she looks pretty awesome and tough with the shiner.

    Congrats on the house! I know you guys struggled like we did. Where are you at now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts