Company picnic

Today was Mike's annual work picnic. This is the day that I get to shake hands with all the people that I have heard about, but never seen and with a lot of people that I have never heard about or seen. I smile good naturedly as co-workers say things such as, "Oh, you're the one who puts up with Mike" and listen to all the computer talk around me while hoping that my kids behave. It's certainly not the highlight of my summer, but it's a free catered lunch and best of all it's all on the clock so Mike gets paid to hang out with us for a couple of hours. This morning I spent a little extra time getting the kids ready so they would look extra cute without looking like I was trying to make them extra cute (you all know what I am talking about) and then we made the forty five minute trek up to the park. Mike was working from home today so we even got to make the drive together.
Anyways, it was a lot more fun then I expected. I met some really nice co-workers and spouses and the conversation seemed a lot more natural then last year. And the kids had an absolute blast. They had the biggest bouncy house I have ever seen and free face painting, balloon animals and ice cream. They enjoyed the balloons, opted to get their arms painted instead of their faces (Kiwi giggled and squealed the whole time it was her turn) and went to town in the bouncy house. Kiwi was the youngest one in there. I thought she'd last a couple of minutes, but she was in there for over an hour. She fell down, was knocked down, and was even body slammed once (by her older brother). Each time she was stand up again just laughing away. She gained quite an audience.
We ended up staying there for over three hours completely missing Kiwi's nap and brought home two exhausted, happy kids.
Carson's baseball

Here's what they looked like when we got home. Not even the suggestion of going out in the sprinkler appealed to them (at least for a while. After lounging around and playing inside they both got their second winds).



Comments

Popular Posts