An Almost Celebrity Encounter

Note: If you don't know who this is, you probably want to skip this post.
So I had an almost encounter with an almost celebrity yesterday (do reality t.v. stars count as celebrities?) Mike and I ran in a big fun run that we have done for the last few years. We entered different races so I had some time to kill after my race was done and I was waiting for Mike to finish his. I stretched, got some water, and was making my way over to the table with the free oranges when I saw someone who looked really familiar. After a couple of minutes, I realized that she looked exactly like Betty Sue from The Biggest Loser. She's chatting away with the lady giving the oranges and I'm pretending to take my time choosing one and contemplating saying something to her. And then Alli walks up. At this point, other people start to notice and are asking to have their pictures taken with her. One lady actually starts crying while talking to her, which made me feel kind of awkward for both of them (although Alli was very nice).
Anyways, I didn't have my camera and I didn't really know what to say to her and after a minute she headed off. My take on The Biggest Loser superstar after observing her for two minutes: She seemed very nice and her calves are RIPPED. Seriously, they are huge (in a good way huge).
The Biggest Loser is one of the three shows I consistently watch on TV (along with Lost and The Office) so I am not embarrassed to admit that I got really excited when I saw her. It's the closest I've ever come to meeting a TV star (unless you count when I met the local news anchor for a Young Women's activity, but I don't).
That was my Saturday adventure.


Comments

Popular Posts