To add to the never ending list of qualifications for this job called motherhood: helping children to wake up. Kiwi does not exactly wake up....hmmm...how should I put this...pleasantly all of the time. Now there are days that she wakes up ready to go, but as her mother I plan on there being some "wake up time" before we are able to get on with our day. This is especially true after nap time.
To assist her to wake up she needs three things: her teddy bear, a nice tall sippy full of whole milk, and her mommy. She adores Mike and he will do if Mommy is no where to be seen, but if I am around I am always the choice of laps to wake up on. This is not something to be taken lightly, this wake up time. Five to ten minutes of rocking and milk guzzling can prevent an hour of whining and crying.
If you are in the neighborhood after nap time someday, feel free to stop by. We'll be here, sitting on the couch or in the rocking chair just working on waking up.

Comments

  1. your kids are growing up so fast! I would love to keep updated on your family. Our email is fun4hall5ofus@yahoo.com Hope things are going well for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, maybe I need to try something like this with Landon...there are MANY days where he wakes up cranky and throws himself on the floor...I'm going to try it the next time he wakes up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts