Too old?

We like to have dance parties at our house. Kiwi likes to bounce up and down, Little Man loves to show off his "moves," I enjoy busting out old classics like the running man and the sprinkler and relish the fact that my kids think I look cool doing them. Occasionally, we will have one in the evening when Mike is home and then it gets really fun. One of our all time favorites is "Nellie the Elephant." It's this great CD we got from the library a couple of months ago and wore it out listening to number eight (the elephant song) over and over. After re-checking it out, we finally returned it and then checked it out again this last week.
I turned it on today and got ready to start butchering popular 90s dance moves while my children jumped around me. Instead, Carson sat on the couch and asked if we could dance to a song that we all liked. I replied this was the song we liked. To that he responded,
"I am too old for Nellie the Elephant now. I'm just too old."
Too old?
Well, I've got news for my little boy. As long as you have a cheese mustache from your cheddar rice cakes (which he had while making this declaration, but didn't show up as well in the picture), you are not too old to dance to Nellie the Elephant. So, come shake it with your sister and mom and stop growing up so fast.

Comments

  1. Might it be time for you to purchase a copy of the CD for yourself???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts